In a sea of listings, how will buyers find your home?
In the last 10 years house buyers have become tech savvy and now use a multitude of tools and information to narrow down their search for the perfect home.
Here are some interesting statistics from the 2013 Digital House Hunt Study, a joint study by the National Realtors Association and Google.
• 90% of home buyers rely on the internet as one of their primary research sources,
• 52 percent turn to the web as their first step,
• Real estate related searches on Google.com have grown 22% year-over-year,
• Approximately one-fifth of real estate related searches happen on mobile devices.
• Google real estate related searches on mobile devices grew 120% percent year-over-year from 2011 to 2012.
New home buyers place emphasis on virtual tours and videos showcasing properties and neighbourhoods. YouTube is the number one social media tool used by home buyers to pre-shop properties. Home buyers who purchased previously owned homes are more likely to bring their online research offline by walking through or driving by a home they have already viewed online during a pre-shop search.
When it comes to getting the most exposure for your home, it is important to work with a Realtor who is skilled and knowledgeable in navigating the world of social media and on-line marketing.
While shopping for a listing agent keep these questions in mind:
- Does the agent have a personal website?
- Is the agent familiar with and makes use of social media including FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, Linkedin and Pinterest?
If you are preparing your home for sale make sure you hire an agent that incorporates both traditional marketing strategies with on-line and social media marketing to get the most exposure and ultimately the best price for your property!!