Although the housing market is hot these days all throughout Waterloo Region, there are a few neighbourhoods where homes are selling particularly quickly. One of the most desirable neighbourhoods on the market is Laurelwood, where 4, 5, or even 6 offers per house is fairly common! This steady demand for homes in this neighbourhood has been going strong for over a year, and most homes on the market close over asking price. So, what about Laurelwood makes it so desirable?
Why Laurelwood is a Desirable Neighbourhood
- Great Schools: One of the reasons many young families are choosing to move to Laurelwood is because there are several great schools in the area. Laurelwood Public School is one of the highest rated schools in Ontario, and is also the top rated school in Waterloo, with St. Nicholas coming in a close second. Further, Sir John A. Macdonald Secondary School is ranked number two in Waterloo.
- Nearby Amenities: Laurelwood is perfectly situated with multiple shopping plazas in close proximity. Sobeys and Food Basics provide grocery options, while CIBC, TD Canada Trust, and other well known names offer convenient shopping and banking options. The Stork Family YMCA provides a gym and swimming pool within walking distance, as well as a good library and summer camp programs for children.
- Conservation Area: The Laurel Creek Conservation Area is another aspect of Laurelwood that makes it particularly desirable. Beautiful walking trails, canoeing and kayaking on the Laurel Creek Reservoir, camping, and even swimming are just a few of the activities available in this conservation area. In the winter, cross-country skiing through the park is popular!
- Quiet and Residential: Laurelwood provides a quiet, suburban alcove that is a respite from busier city life. This is particularly desirable because it is only a quick drive from UpTown Waterloo, so residents can enjoy a relaxed neighbourhood without missing out on the advantages and amenities of the city.
- Nearby Universities: Both the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University are less than a ten minute drive from Laurelwood. Families with University age students and other students looking to avoid the busy or loud atmosphere of student residences are choosing this neighbourhood for its quiet atmosphere and convenient nearby location!