We’ve pointed out that Kitchener-Waterloo is perfectly located for all kinds of different and exciting day trips, right? Niagara on the lake is no exception! Yes, obviously, you can visit the Niagara Falls. This attraction should not be downplayed- it really is a terrific day trip. However, even if you feel like you’ve seen the falls once, twice, a thousand times, there are still quite a few other reasons to visit Niagara. One of the most compelling reasons is the fact that Niagara-on-the-lake is home to some beautiful wine country! Sample ice wine, cheese pairings, and premium reds, learn the proper way to taste wine, tour through Niagara-on-the-lake, and enjoy the perfect day. A fun-filled wine tour is waiting for you, just a couple hours away!
Take A Wine Tour
There are all kinds of different tours on offer by different companies in Niagara. Some options include:
- Vine, Wine, & Dine with Niagara Wine Tours International: Start your wine tour at 3:00pm with a pick up from your hotel! Enjoy educational tours with winemakers, learn how to properly sample, learn about wine making sustainability, and enjoy a 3 course dinner.
- Half Day Niagara Wine, Beer, Cheese & Chocolate with Winery Tours of Niagara: Pick up and drop off from your Niagara area hotel. Visit 3 award winning wineries and a brewery to sample award winning wines, freshly brewed hand crafted beers, and the perfect cheese and chocolate pairings.
- Wheel & Wine with Niagara Wine Tours International: Looking for any excuse to hop on a bike? Cycle through beautiful wine country, with one stop for a winery tour and three tasting stops with market fresh cheese pairings. Enjoy the fresh air and learn a little Niagara history!
- Signature Wine Tour with Winery Tours of Niagara: Enjoy a private 3-course a la carte lunch to help you soak up all your wine samples! This tour also includes convenient pick up and drop off from your hotel. Taste award winning wines paired with artisanal cheese, cured meats and Icewine truffles.
- The “Epic” Niagara Food, Wine, and Beer Tour with Niagara Vintage Wine Tours: This full day tour incorporates some of the best wine, beer, and food Niagara has to offer. Enjoy Italian Antipasto with perfect wines from the Bella Terra wine collection, fresh home cooked comfort foods from the Harvest Barn Market, world famous Icewine, beers from the Silversmith Brewery, and more!
If you’re spending some extra time in Niagara, here are a few other attractions you can visit in the area!
- Bird Kingdom– The largest free flying indoor aviary in the world!
- Niagara Skywheel– So you’ve already seen the Niagara falls… but have you seen them from above??
- Maid of the Mist– The same concept! This exciting boat ride is fun from ages 5 to 105
- Fallsview Casino Resort– The largest and most elegant gaming resort facility in Canada! (Set a limit!)
- Niagara Falls IMAX– Seeing a movie in IMAX may not be anything new, but these huge theatres are always good for a great movie experience!
- Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens– Tour these beautiful, scenic gardens for a relaxing afternoon!
- Niagara Falls Helicopter Tour: Take to the skies for a view of the falls you’ll never forget!
For more day trip options from Waterloo Region, look here!